- Acne is a skin problem that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders.
- . Acne typically appears on your face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders because these areas of skin have the most oil (sebaceous) glands. Hair follicles are connected to oil glands.
- Pimples are raised red spots with a white center that develop when blocked hair follicles become inflamed or infected with bacteria. Blockages and inflammation that develop deep inside hair follicles produce cyst like lumps beneath the surface of your skin. Other pores in your skin, which are the openings of the sweat glands, aren’t usually involved in acne.
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells
- Excess activity of a type of hormone (androgen)
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
- Age People of all ages can get acne, but it’s most common in teenagers.
- Hormonal changes Such changes are common in teenagers, women and girls, and people using certain medications, including those containing corticosteroids, androgen or lithium.
- Family history Genetics plays a role in acne. If both parents had acne, you’re likely to develop it, too.
- Greasy or oily substances You may develop acne where your skin comes into contact with oily lotions and creams or with grease in a work area, such as a kitchen with fry vats.
- Friction or pressure on your skin This can be caused by items such as telephones, cellphones, helmets, tight collars and backpacks.
- Stress Stress doesn’t cause acne, but if you have acne already, it may make it worse.
- Psorinum –
Psorinum is indicated for acne of all types – acne simplex, acne pustular and acne indurata. It is equally effective for acne in oily skin where the overactive sebaceous glands secrete excess sebum leaving the skin constantly greasy. Here Psorinum helps decrease oil secretion and treat acne. It is used in cases of conditions that worsen from eating sweets, chocolates, meat, and fatty food. It also treats intolerably itchy acne and that which worsens during the winter.
- Hepar Sulph and Calcarea Sulphurica – For Acne that is Pustular
Pustular acne refers to acne that contains pus. The pus may sometimes be stained with blood. Where pus or bloodstained pus oozes out of pimples, Hepar Sulph will be effective. The pimples may be extremely painful here. Acne in youth is also best treated with Hepar Sulph. Calcarea Sulphurica is most helpful where pustular acne oozes yellow colored pus.
- Kali Bromatum – For Face, Chest, and Shoulders
Kali Bromatum works wonders in treating acne located on the face, chest, and shoulders. Marked itching may attend the acne. The acne may be simplex, pustular or indurated. Kali Bromatum is also prescribed where acne leaves ugly scars. Bluish-red pimples are a sure shot sign that Kali Bromatum will work.
- Antimonium Crudum and Natrum Mur – For Acne on Cheeks
In case of heat in the cheeks along with acne, Antimonium Crudum aids fast recovery. The acne may be papular or pustular. Yellow scabs may cover the acne. A burning sensation is another complaint. Natrum Mur will show best results in itchy acne on oily cheeks. Prickling pain in the acne is complained of. Natrum Mur is also prescribed for acne in girls who are anemic.
- Sulphur – For Itchy Acne
Sulphur is advised for people with dirty, unhealthy looking skin covered in acne that itch a lot. Scratching worsens the itching. The itching gets aggravated during the night. Warmth, too, worsens the itching. Burning sensation may also be observed. Sulphur is also a good choice for acne that has been treated with external applications or ointments in the past.
- Silicea – For Acne on Forehead
For acne on forehead, Silicea brings about quick recovery. It works even better for pustular acne. Itching may attend the acne. Excessive sweat may be noticed along with acne on the face, especially the forehead. It is also a wonderful medicine for cystic acne.
- Berberis Aquifolium – To Erase Acne Scars
Berberis Aquifolium is one of the majorly indicated medicines for acne that result in the formation of scars. This medicine helps clear off acne scars wonderfully well.
- Bovista Lycoperdon – For Acne made Worse with Make-Up
Bovista Lycoperdon is the most significant remedy that offers help in treating acne that arise or worsen with the use of cosmetic products. This acne is mainly papular. Swelling of cheeks may be noted along with the acne. Pain and itching may attend.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans – For Acne in Women
Pulsatilla Nigricans is a very well indicated remedy for acne in women, especially when attended with menstrual irregularities of any kind. Acne occurring in young girls at puberty is another characteristic indication. Acne worsened with consumption of fatty foods will also heal effectively with Pulsatilla Nigricans.